23 Dec 2022 12:00am - 11 Jan 2023 04:00am
Global Best M-Gov Award
Event Date: 23 Dec 2022 12:00am - 11 Jan 2023 04:00am
Organizer: Office of Research and Knowledge Transfer Services
Name of Price/Award: Global Best M-Gov Award (new)
Internal Deadline: N/A
External Deadline: 10-January-2023
Description of the Call: In its eighth edition, “The Global Best M-Gov Award” is presented to students and researchers worldwide enrolled and registered in public and private universities, as well as graduates of the “One Million Arab Coders” Program, in order to encourage the pioneering role of universities and creative and innovative youth in addressing local and global challenges. The award aims to recognize solutions that adopt novel approaches and techniques in leveraging technology in a streamlined efficient manner to solve sticky problems affecting a large segment of the population and provide tangible benefits with the ability to expand geographically across borders.
Three winners will be honored in the current edition of the award.
1st place – 1 million dirhams UAE (approximately HKD$2.12M)
2nd place – 500 thousand dirhams UAE (approximately HKD$1.06M)
3rd place – 250 thousand dirhams UAE (approximately HKD$0.53M)
1. Only students* and researchers enrolled in public and private universities can apply.
2. The research team(s) / students can participate with more than one application.
3. Mobile applications and solutions must be developed at the university and by the students / research team themselves.
4. All submissions must include a video explaining the main features and benefits of the application.
5. All submissions must include a working or simulated working package on one of the official software development tools (IOS or Android).
*Students cannot participate individually; they must apply for the award as a team that consists of a minimum of two and maximum six individuals.
All Nominations should be submitted via the official website of the “The Global Best M-Gov Award”.
Acceptance of applications will close on January 10, 2023 at 20:00 GMT (equivalent to Hong Kong time : January 11, 2023 04:00 am )
Categories for the Application:
- Health & Wellbeing
- People of Determination & Social Care
- Government Services
- Data & Artificial Intelligence
- Water, Environment & Climate Change
The Evaluation Process will be based on Three Main Criteria:
1. Efficiency and Effectiveness (40 percent),
2. Ease of Use (40 per cent) and
3. Creativity (20 per cent).
The winners will be announced during the World Government Summit in Dubai, which will be held from February 13 to 15, 2023.